THE IDEA WAS TO POST A PHOTO A DAY FOR THE YEAR 2011... THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT, BUT HERE'S SOME PICS ANYWAY... MOSTLY A LOT OF FAUXTOGRAPHY... OCCASIONALLY LEGIT PICS... AND PERHAPS A RANDOM VIDEO OR TWO...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

KINGS...

Okay... last archive post for a long while... I promise. This one is particularly relevant though. The Sacramento Kings likely played their last game in their current form in the city of my youth... Sactown.

Obviously... as distant as I am from the NBA right now... I'm not happy about it. Particularly after watching the youtube-ized version of their send off pkg from CSN last night. Damn! Those montage reels, with a few sound ups, cut to a familiar tune... it gets me every time.

Anyway... the above pic was the last time I attended a Kings game. It was in February of 2007. We (yes we, I'm on the team) had began slipping deep into NBA obscurity at that point... but on one magical night in Arco... we beat up a much better Denver team, and walked away with the win. I'm glad that's how it ended for me live and in person. I'm still deeply saddened that it has ended so disastrously for my Kings, in general, though.

Sacramento deserved better.

1 comment:

  1. Dude... Did you fall off the photoblog wagon? No updates??

    ReplyDelete