THE IDEA WAS TO POST A PHOTO A DAY FOR THE YEAR 2011... THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT, BUT HERE'S SOME PICS ANYWAY... MOSTLY A LOT OF FAUXTOGRAPHY... OCCASIONALLY LEGIT PICS... AND PERHAPS A RANDOM VIDEO OR TWO...

Monday, January 31, 2011

NIGHT AT DAY

Yahoo had this front page article today about shots taken at night that looked like day time. I took a snap a few years back that accidentally accomplished this feat.

Anyway... on a crappy, cloudy night in the Eug... I figured I'd try it again.

I think it's better achieved when the moon is out. Better light... stars... etc. Not much to make it look like day in that shot other than a lot of bright gray. So I consider this a mostly futile attempt. Especially when you compare it to the Yahoo pics.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that post. I thought it was stupid that yahoo was making it out to be some great new idea to shoot photos at night and make look like day time. Hello, has anyone ever heard of Ansel Adams?! But is due course I say challenge expected. I will shoot a daytime night shot soon enough

    ReplyDelete